Mar 04, 2024
2016-2017 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Avila Advantage - School of Professional Studies
The Avila Advantage Program in the School of Professional Studies is an adult degree program leading to
Bachelor of Arts degrees:
Bachelor of Science degree:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN):
Applicants must demonstrate a minimum 2.0 grade point average on all transfer coursework, have a minimum of one year of full-time work experience or have an Associates Degree in Nursing. The program is taught in 8-week formats as well as weekend intensive and online courses throughout a trimester. Students may enter the program whenever a course starts. The format provides students options of multiple start dates and a supportive adult learning environment. Classes are offered on-site and off-site. Avila Advantage classes meet from 6:00-10:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. on Saturday. For information or application materials contact the Avila Advantage Office at (816) 501-3737, by Fax at (816) 941-4650 or e-mail at Advantage@Avila.edu.
Avila Advantage Policies
- A voucher or letter of authorization from a student’s company will allow the Business Office to directly bill a student’s employer for the tuition due. An authorization to bill an outside source does not create a credit balance. Students are responsible for the total tuition and other miscellaneous charges even though a third party may pay the university directly or reimburse the student.
- Deferred payment plans and promissory notes are available to Avila Advantage students enrolled in a full trimester of Avila Advantage classes.
- Avila Advantage students who register for at least six (6) trimester hours may be eligible for financial aid consisting of deferred student loans. All aid applicants must be accepted for admission to the program before an award is made.
- Financial aid, including loans, must be fully processed and loan checks or disbursing dates must be on record at registration time to be considered as reducing the balance due. If this is not the case, the student will be responsible for payment at the time of registration.
- Students who withdraw from eight-week classes are eligible for refunds under the following schedule:
- complete refund if the withdrawal takes place before 5 p.m. on the night the class begins.
- 75% tuition refund if the withdrawal takes place after the first meeting of the class.
- 50% tuition refund if the withdrawal takes place after the second meeting of the class and before the third meeting.
- There is no fee for courses added after registration or changes made as a result of classes cancelled by the university.
- Students may withdraw from an 8-week course with a grade of W before the sixth class meeting.
- Students are expected to attend all classes for which they are registered. One or two absences are at the discretion of the instructor. More than two absences may result in a grade of “F.”
- Other than a guest speaker(s), only facilitator(s) and students enrolled in the specific course are allowed in the classroom.